Moffat Academy Library
Learning Resource Centre (LRC) is a term which is used in the United Kingdom to describe a type of library that exists within an educational setting such as Secondary Schools, Further Education Colleges and Universities.
We provide a safe, friendly and resourceful setting for all students and staff with vibrant and interesting eye-catching displays.
The Aims of Moffat Academy Libraries
- To provide students and staff with a wide range of books and multimedia resources to support teaching and learning.
- To offer a quiet place to study
- To provide a suitable area for student mentoring sessions.
- To provide a location suitable for group and independent research.
- To provide opportunities to browse and discover.
- To provide photocopying access and service.
- To provide a smooth library transition for pupils from P7-S1 with an Induction programme followed by continued support.
The School Library Assistant-
- Is welcoming and friendly.
- Makes reading relevant and enjoyable.
- Motivates pupils to read.
- Is helpful and supportive to both pupils and staff.
- Is resourceful and creative.
- Provides IT support.
The School Library Assistant Promotes Reading and Literacy Skills with:
- Book promotions.
- Author Visits.
- Ideas for promoting reading for enjoyment.
- Colourful and relevant displays celebrating reading and books.
- Reading Reward Schemes.
- Organising special events to celebrate days such as World Book Day, Book Week Scotland and Roald Dahl Day.